Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hugo Gruen Denmark



Hugo Gruen Copenhagen 1918-1937 Hugo Gruen & Company 1937-1985 - Markings for both are similar tho font type appears to different: H.Gr

The pictured set is currently on ebay BIN for a cool $999. Its a relist by the seller - I know cuz I have been watching it for a while now. I just wanted to see if it would really sell at that price - seems high for this particular designer.

I got my first Hugo bracelet at the flea market for $15 and that was killing me - cuz its the flea market.
Anyhow, later I picked up the necklace as a sleeper from on online seller...yay.
My set has white moonstones. Then I came across the same design in the brooch with green chalcedony. Very nice - well made - check out the clasp - its sturdy and easy to get on and off. That is true of most Scandanavian pieces - their clasps are distinct and well crafted mechanisms that you can be pretty sure wont fall off your neck or wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment